Tomography grid-Patent pending (National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology)-
It is a grid that enables the orientation of the spiral winding, which is difficult to distinguish by normal TEM observation in the study of spiral structures on the nanoscale, to be determined by tomographic stereo view.
* By creating a TEM image stereo view quickly and easily, it is possible to quickly evaluate the morphology of a self-organized structure that winds a spiral and determine how to wind the spiral, which is a useful structure and morphology. You can get the information.
(1) There is a notch that can distinguish the top and bottom so that the axis of rotation can be easily understood when setting the grid on the TEM holder.
(2) Since the grid section is rectangular, the area where image data cannot be captured due to shadows from the thickness of the grid when the sample holder is tilted is reduced.
(3) By shifting the arrangement of the grid sections for each row, visibility and convenience are excellent when moving the field of view while observing with the stage tilted.
(4) By providing a small protrusion in the center of the two long sides of the rectangular section, the nanostructure to be observed can easily stay near the center of the section when preparing the sample.
Mesh size * May vary depending on lot
Bar 30 μm
Hall length 30 μm (equivalent to 420 mesh)
Horizontal 70 μm (equivalent to 250 mesh)
Mesh appearance, enlarged view, usage image
Image of TEM tomography